The UX book.
1. After long usage of information devices, I have something wrong in my short-term memory. I can’t remember a phone number. For example, if I have to look at the phone number on the note App, and use it on the phone App, I rely on “copy and paste” rather than memorize. My short-term memory seems to recess because of not using. Or am I just too stupid?
The Gestalt theory
1. When reading about these kinds of principles or theory, I can not help feel sleepy. That shows my negative view over such theory or principle. I am not sure if that kind of principle is more useful than common sense in IxD. If the theory is so useful, why do we have to deal with poorly implemented designs.
1. Quite interesting subject. I recommend watching this famous video. It shows the influence of the attention to the visual acquisition.
2. The reading material didn’t contain any figures. I suspect was it intentional to show the importance of visual aid to help understanding.
1. It was interesting at first reading. But though there is many common metaphor between biological foraging and information foraging, I am a little skeptical whether it provides any insight or tool about how to design an website. Common sense seems to provide similar conclusion.